Employers – the changing labour legislation landscape is focused on transformation. It is ruled by one case law. This has implications. Employers are required to adopt a proactive approach in managing their employee relations.
This involves, but is not limited to employers:
- ensuring that you operate within the bounds of the law
- adopting a solution-seeking approach to possible impediments
- identifying opportunities for the advancement of transformation and
- developing relevant workplace skills.
Is your approach proactive? Are you informed?
We bring you 2 full days with Jonathan Goldberg, CEO of Global Business Solutions, an Arbitration and Mediation panellist, former Commissioner of the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration, member of Tokiso dispute settlement panel. He was also recently appointed as a committee member of the Employment Conditions Commission. For those of you who have had the privilege of seeing him speak before, his years of experience and incredible insight into the challenges facing our organisations, combined with his direct, solutions focused and engaging style make him one of the leading thinkers and practitioners in our country.
This is a progressive and dynamic 2-day workshop that aims to:
- ensure the holistic application of South African labour laws in the workplace to promote sound and collaborative labour relations
- assist employers in understanding the impact of labour legislation on business operations as well associated risks and how to mitigate them.
The 2-day programme covers:
- How South African labour laws have been formulated
- How the Labour Court functions
- Factors that influence Labour Court judgments
- How to manage labour relations effectively and significantly reduce litigation costs
- Procedural and substantive best practice
- Analysis and exploration of the following laws, including their inter-relatedness:
- Basic Conditions of Employment;
- Employment Equity Act;
- Broad Based Black Economic Act;
- Employment Services Act;
- Labour Relations Act.
- Landmark cases demonstrating how strategic management of labour relations can provide competitive edge for companies.
If you are not informed, proactive and committed to making a difference, you could be at risk.
Book now for this 2-day event to be held in Johannesburg, 1-2 June. Places will be limited.
IPM Members qualify for a discount on the workshop fee.
The event also counts towards your Continuing Professional Development.
For more information about this event call +27 (0) 11 544 4400 / email firstname.lastname@example.org