IPM Annual Convention and Exhibition: The IPM Convention has been hosted since 1956 and has been rated as a world-class event. Delegates have the opportunity to learn from experts, share knowledge and to network with like-minded peers in the industry. The Convention provides concrete takeaways for application back in the workplace, such as frameworks, models, processes and case studies from leading organisations. The Convention and its sessions should clarify that HR must be able to lead the business through its knowledge and expertise, with clear confirmation of the value proposition of HR, as evaluated by HR. The Convention should help practitioners to assess the value they deliver and prompt their focus on striving to improve the way they lead business to success.
It is also the setting for the IPM Annual Gala Dinner Excellence Awards which recognise excellent practice in HR.
The Convention offers a range of sponsorship opportunities for organisations.
The IPM Annual exhibition showcases products and services targeted at the HR market. Members benefit from a discounted rate for stand space at the exhibition.
IPM HR Directors Leadership Summit: This Summit attracts senior leaders from a range of industry sectors. The focus is on dialogue, debate and crafting solutions to our current human capital development challenges.
IPM Mid-term Conference: The Mid term conference is a hands-on event. It is an opportunity HR Professionals to hone their skills and to keep abreast of trends and developments.
IPM Women in Business Conference with Gordon Institute of Business Science: The conference is an ideal platform to bring together leading businesswomen across sectors in an open and supportive environment for sharing, learning and networking. Guest speakers exchange ideas, insights, information and experience with peers regarding the challenges of women leadership in corporate and business world today, their journey, how they are making an impact in the business community and leading the future.
Strategic solutions and programmes
Strategic Solutions: The IPM partners with a number of key players in the industry to bring you leading edge solutions. The IPM Programmes include:
- HR Business Partner Programme with Deloitte
- Process Management for HR Practitioners with QBIT
- In-basket Assessment for HR roles levels of work 1 – 4 with QBIT (in-company solution)
- Standard Intergated People Practice Workshop with QBIT
- Talent Architecture Workshop with Accenture
- HR Metrics Workshop with Emergence Growth
- Patterson Job Evaluation with 21st Century Pay Solutions Group
- Gearing the Practice of People Management in the 21st Century Pay Solutions Group
- Remuneration for effective talent management in partnership with 21st Century Pay Solutions Group
Programmes offered with UNISA
- Programme in Human Resource Management
- Advanced Programme in Human Resource Management
- Course in Labour Relations Management
- Course in Managing Training and Development
SHRM Certified Professional Program
- This Program is aimed at developing global leadership competencies.
- Benefit from blended learning Qualification Tuition: The IPM SA / Emergence Growth SHRM Certified Professional program offers a blended approach to learning – designed to address the HR Standards and Global Competencies.
HRCI Certified Professional
- The online HRCI certification examination is offered in South Africa through IPM.
- Certification serves as a visible acknowledgement of your demonstrated mastery of core HR principles and skills essential to the best practice of HR.
- The IPM CEO, Rre Elijah Litheko serves on the Human Resource Development Council (HRDC) which is chaired by the Deputy President, Cyril Ramaphosa.
- IPM has been partnering with the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in conducting the worldwide survey entitled "Creating People Advantage" since 2008.
- The IPM partnered with the University of Michigan and the RBL Group to conduct the Global HR competency study led by Professor Dave Ulrich and partners. IPM CEO, Rre Elijah
- IPM offers a Mentoring programme aimed at developing the HR practitioners of tomorrow and building talent pipelines in HR
- IPM Top HR programme recognises top HR in South Africa
IPM Excellence Awards
The IPM People Excellence Awards and the IPM Branch Awards recognise excellence in people leadership and management. They are awarded annually at the Gala Dinner during the IPM Convention and Exhibition. The awards are:
- Business Leader of the Year
- HR Director of the Year
- HR Practitioner of the Year
- HR Emerging Practitioner of the Year
- HR Team of the Year
- Branch of the Year
How we work
As a non-profit institution dedicated to providing knowledge and tools for strategic and operational people development and leadership, which contribute to growth, profitability and sustainability of businesses, it is imperative that we employ a blended funding strategy. Our funding primarily comes from sponsorship of our flagship event, The Annual Convention and Exhibition, and income from our programmes, workshops and events. We are also able to respond to bespoke requests for proposals in human resources and people development through the expert resources residing within our collective membership and through our strategic partnerships with industry leaders.
In addition to our team at Head Office, we rely on the generous support of our Board and the following voluntary committees:
- Membership and Professional designations
- Annual Convention
- Excellence Awards
Our network of branches provides local support and networking for our members regionally. We have branches in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Cape Town, KZN, Rustenberg, Mpumalanga, Polokwane, Mahikeng, Lesotho and Swaziland.
Strategic networks approach
Networks are becoming an essential part of the way we do business and get things done. The IPM strongly supports a network approach to critical challenges and abundant opportunities within our current local context – we face both head on. We seek out people who are able and willing to roll up their sleeves to make a difference through action not only discussion, and we invite those who have appetite for this sometimes tough but most rewarding journey to join us. You will see this action orientated ethos reflected in all our work.
Recognition as a Professional Body
In 2012, IPM achieved its professional recognition status, a significant milestone and one of which we are extremely proud. IPM is required to fulfill the following role:
- Represent and regulate a recognised community of expert practitioners, HR professionals.
- Promote protection of the public by Professional Bodies from malpractice related to the fulfillment of the professional duties and responsibilities of professionals registered with it.
- Promote pride in association for all professions, including traditional trades and occupations.
- Develop professional designations to award to its members and the capacity to monitor and revoke them.
- Develop and implement a code of conduct.
- Demonstrate capacity to institute a system of reporting and investigating alleged contraventions of its code of conduct
- Demonstrate that it does not apply unfair exclusionary practices in the awarding of its professional designations advance the objectives of the NQF.
- Promote public understanding of and trust in the profession
- Encourage international leading practice and the raising of professional esteem.
- Facilitate access to, and analysis of data related to professions for purposes of the NQF Act.
- Support the development of a national career advice system.
- Encourage the development and implementation of professional development (CPD).
- Play a key role in identifying suitable workplaces for work integrated learning and be involved in the assessment of workplace experience.
- Play a key role in the identification of suitable education and training providers and be involved in the circulation of learning programmes offered by education and training providers, including tertiary institutions.
- Advance the profession and the competencies of its members by setting and administering its own Board examination.
IPM is sincerely committed to advancing transformation in our workplace and to striving for equity at all levels. We welcome HR professionals, academics and leaders from all sectors of our economy who share this commitment to embedding a culture of diversity and sustainable performance.
This is just a sample of what we offer. Contact us to find out more:
Call us on Tel: +27(11) 544 4400,
E-mail us at: email@example.com
Visit us: www.ipm.co.za
Like us on Facebook: Institute of People Management – IPM South Africa
Follow us on Twitter: @IPM4People
Join the revolution to professionalise HR!